Top 10 Free Things to do In Charleston
- Stroll The Battery – sunrise and sunset are prime times.
- Relax on the swings at Waterfront Park.
- Window shop on King Street.
- Visit any of the city’s cemeteries and churches. Most are open during the day.
- Walk the beaches of Sullivan’s Island.
- Visit the grounds of Fort Moultrie on Sullivan’s Island, the site of a Revolutionary War battle.
- Take in the beauty of the Angel Oak on Johns Island, a more than 1,400 year-old live oak tree.
- Enjoy the art galleries of The French Quarter.
- Check out the Citadel dress parades on Friday afternoons while school is in session (August - April).
- Take a peaceful stroll through The Gateway Garden Walk that connects The Unitarian Church to St. Philip’s Church.
History Lives Here
Go beyond the books and explore Charleston's rich history with us.